Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) is a fast-growing, world leading biotech company on organoid technology. A paradigm shifting technology in health care and personalized medicine. Our team focuses on the discovery, development and (pre) clinical translation of technology to grow organoids from tissues of patients with various diseases including cancer. HUB builds comprehensive living biobanks of well-characterized organoids, sometimes called “mini-organs”, develops new Organoid technology and provides drug screening and evaluation of therapy. The HUB Organoid Technology enables predictive personalized diagnostics and medicine as well as patient stratification.
We are currently seeking a Technician for the Disease Modelling & Toxicology Department (1FTE/ 40 hrs).
Scope of position:
As technician at HUB, you contribute to internal, commercial, and service projects as described in project study protocol by performing experiments in the lab following standard operation procedures (SOPs) and Lab Manuals (LMs). You report to the Head of the Department and work closely together with other technicians and scientists both in your team as well as in projects touching on multiple research groups.
HUB’s Disease Modeling and Toxicology department seeks a technician with solid communication and organization skills. You will be involved in primary tissue handling and the generation of organoids and immune cell cultures. Experience in these specific fields is a strong advantage.
Furthermore, as technician, you will be required to provide accurate lab manuals and technical input for projects and take organization responsibilities in the team. This position allows you to drive state-of-the-art research to develop innovative applications for HUB Organoid Technology. The current projects focus on generating single-cell RNA-seq and ATAC-seq organoid cell atlas, efficacy, immune-oncology, and toxicity assay development in intestinal, lung, kidney, and liver organoids using high-thruput imaging, viability and Omics approaches.
Bachelor (HLO) or Master’s degree in Life Sciences plus a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience. The below competencies apply to you;
- Able to work within a team,
- Proven track record of acccuracy in the execution of experiments,
- Flexible to support other projects and programs,
- Master reporting skills to feedback experiments’ results (both in written as well as verbally),
- Prioritize day-to-day activities in line with the deadlines and milestones of the projects,
- Presentation skills for (predominantly) internal meetings,
- Fluency in English,
- Proficient in Excel.
What we offer:
- Genuinely meaningful work as part of a company with unwavering commitment to apply its HUB Organoid Technology globally for the benefit of patients.
- Generous annual leave of 30,5 days plus national holidays (full-time equivalent).
- Pension Plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB.
- A unique opportunity to be part of further development and implementation of this innovative technology.
- Please send your cover letter and resume, in English to; HR@huborganoids.nl
- We look forward to hearing from you!