Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) is a fast-growing world leader biotech company on organoid technology that disrupted human health care, providing patients access to novel treatments. Our team focus on the discovery, development and (pre)clinical translation of technology to grow organoids from tissues of patients with various diseases including cancer. HUB builds comprehensive living biobanks of well-characterized organoids, sometimes called “mini-organs”, and develops assays for drug screening and evaluation of cancer immunotherapy. The HUB Organoid Technology enables predictive personalized diagnostics and medicine and clinical trial patient stratification.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Scientist for our Inflammatory & Genetic Diseases’ department.
Scope of position:
A scientist at HUB supports research projects focussed on the application and validation of organoids as a clinically relevant system for drug development and personalized medicine.
This position allows you to drive state of the art research with the aim to develop innovative diagnostic tools using HUB Organoid Technology.
As scientist at HUB, you will be working with the top researchers in the field of adult (cancer) stem cells and 3D culture. You will interact with external parties and be involved in project conception, execution and management.
The successful candidate will learn from and contribute to the world leader biotech company on organoid technology that has already positively impacted human health, providing patients access to novel treatments.
- Leading research projects, including time and resource management.
- Designing, performing and analysing experiments.
- Reporting of data in oral presentation and written reports.
- Contributing to quality assurance implementation.
- Training and supervision of team members and external customers.
- Development of organoid based assays or models.
Suitable candidates have a PhD in the field of Life Science, followed by at least one year of postdoc experience, or equivalent experience.
Their scientific excellence is reflected in their research track record in a relevant field, such as:
- Epithelial cell biology and 3D cultures, preferably using organoid models.
- Inflammatory diseases, such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) or Crohn’s disease.
- Assay or model development in the context of epithelial tissues.
- The position requires both a high level of technical expertise (in complex cell culture, drug screening, imaging), a problem-solving attitude and analytical mind-set.
We are seeking an individual with deep intellectual curiosity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
Genuinely meaningful work as part of a company with unwavering commitment to apply its HUB Organoid Technology globally for the benefit of the patients.
Generous annual leave of 30,5 days plus national holidays (fulltime equivalent).
Pension Plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB.
A unique opportunity to be part of further development and implementation of this innovative technology.
Please send your cover letter and resume, in English to; HR@huborganoids.nl
We look forward to hearing from you!