Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) is a biotech company, founded on the pioneering work of Prof. Dr. Hans Clevers who discovered methods to grow stem cell-derived human epithelial “mini-organs” (organoids) from tissues of patients with various diseases including cancer and cystic fibrosis. HUB builds comprehensive Living Biobanks of well-characterized organoids and develops assays for drug screening and validation. The Organoid Technology enables predictive diagnostics and clinical trial patient stratification.
We are currently looking for a Scientist to join our Cystic Fibrosis Research Team.
Scope of position:
In the position of Scientist at HUB you support the Company with Projects, commissioned by pharmaceutical companies, as well as with the development and validation of organoid assays for certification. You independently carry out complex experiments and coordinate and execute internal and commercial projects.
This also involves the analysis and interpretation of data, the supervision and training of internal technicians and external clients on organoid technology and the presentation of the research results at internal and external meetings.
As a Scientist in the Cystic Fibrosis team you further develop organoid based assays and validate these as a pioneering diagnostic tool. You will be involved in the progression of an assay from the experimental stage to market approval for diagnostics in the field of personalised medicine.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develops and validates Organoid-based assays for certification,
- Performs in-depth analysis and interprets results of research data,
- Reports quality and reliability of results to supervisor,
- Executes experiments involved in internal and/or commercial projects,
- Generates data for Study Reports and research publications,
- Presents results to colleagues during internal and external meetings,
- Instructs and trains employees and external clients in new equipment, procedures and techniques.
Head of Department
Required minimum level:
PhD degree in the field of life sciences followed by preferably 2 years postdoc work experience in a corporate or pharmaceutical environment.
- Team player, able to work within a team alongside colleagues with different cultural backgrounds,
- Strong and relevant scientific background (epithelial cells, cystic fibrosis, diagnostics),
- Ideally with experience in diagnostic assay development/validation,
- Technical proficiency; experience in complex cell cultures is a plus,
- Skilled in planning, organizing and executing experiments independently (with minor supervision),
- Proficiency in data analysis (i.e. Excel, Prism, Image analysis),
- Flexibility to support other Projects and/or Departments,
- Reporting skills to communicate experiments’ results (both in written as well as verbally),
- Strong presentation skills,
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
A high paced, professional and international environment.
A small team allowing you to really make a difference.
Opportunity to grow in this position alongside HUB’s development.
We look forward to receiving your cover letter together with your resume, in English.
Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org