Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) is a fast-growing biotech company, founded on the pioneering work of Prof. Dr. Hans Clevers who discovered methods to grow stem cell-derived human epithelial “mini-organs” (organoids) from tissues of patients with various diseases including cancer and cystic fibrosis. HUB provides preclinical drug development services and research collaboration for and with pharma industry. HUBs research is aimed at the expansion of the Organoid Technology platform by developing new disease models, generation of comprehensive Living Biobanks of well-characterized organoids and developing assays for drug development and validation. Finally, the Organoid Technology enables predictive diagnostics and clinical patient stratification.
We are currently looking for a Technician to extend and support one of our Research Groups.
Scope of position:
A technician at HUB is responsible for preparing and executing experiments described in standard operation procedures (SOPs) and Lab Manuals (LMs) for HUB internal and commercial projects.
The position requires apprehension of the project as defined in a Study Protocol, the project deliverables and experiments in the project.
As technician you will be working with Organoids and Organoid Assays. Experience in this field is a strong pre as it will help you to anticipate and/or respond to any deviations that may occur.
Furthermore you will analyse and interpret data deriving from the experiments at our lab.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Registers weekly timesheets per project in designated system
- Conducts experiments, performs analysis and takes measurements
- Performs routine observations and records any deviation from the SOPs and/or LMs
- Reading and following all processes and guidelines according to SOPs, LMs/ Study Plans and Commercial Agreements
- Activates CAPA reports when necessary (as result of malfunctions/failures/deficiencies during the execution of Lab experiments) and escalates to the supervisor
- Records and stores procedures/raw data/ results in the research lab notebook, Lab Manual System (LMS), Study Report and corresponding project folders
- Participates in revising internal Lab Manuals and SOPs, providing comments for improvement
- Co-edits Study Protocols
- Presents project results in HUB meeting for internal audience
- Attends quality focused meetings such as CAPA, GLP and GCP
- Alarm phone duty
the Group Head or Director of the Group
Required minimum level:
BSc or MSc degree in the field of Life Sciences plus preferably 2 years relevant work experience.
- Team player, able to work within a team alongside with colleagues with different cultural backgrounds
- Accuracy in execution of experiments and detail oriented
- Flexibility to support other Projects and/or Programs
- Reporting skills to feedback experiments’ results (both in written as well as verbally)
- Prioritizing of day to day activities
- Presentation skills for internal meetings
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
Genuinely meaningful work as part of a company with unwavering commitment to apply Organoid Technology globally for the benefit of the patients,
Generous annual leave of 30,5 days plus national holidays,
Pension Plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB,
Healthy work-life balance with flexible working hours,
International work environment in a multi cultural team.
Please note that due to COVID-19 we have implemented 2 shifts for our Research team members: morning – and afternoon/evening shifts. Allowing our colleagues to keep 1,5 meter distance at work.
We look forward to receiving your cover letter together with your resume, in English.
Please send it to HR (email@example.com)