Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) is a fast-growing biotech company, founded on the pioneering work of Prof. Dr. Hans Clevers who discovered methods to grow stem cell-derived human epithelial “mini-organs” (organoids) from tissues of patients with various diseases including cancer and cystic fibrosis. HUB builds comprehensive Living Biobanks of well-characterized organoids and develops assays for drug screening and validation. The Organoid Technology enables predictive diagnostics and clinical trial patient stratification.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated (Dutch & European) Patent Attorney.
Scope of position:
- Help lead the development of a worldwide IP portfolio covering new IP to HUB Organoid Technology;
- Identify patentable inventions through regular interactions with internal R&D project teams, and work with outside counsel to draft, file, and prosecute patent applications worldwide;
- Provide legal advice to internal science and business development business on a variety of IP related matters;
- Conduct due diligence assessments and counsel based on those assessments, including freedom-to-operate (FTO), infringement and validity analyses, and risk evaluation and mitigation;
- Work closely together with the inhouse counsel on transactions and legal matters supporting HUB’s research and business goals, such as licensing, collaborations and other contracts (e.g., consulting, research, service, manufacturing);
- Assist with challenging and defending patents and opposition proceedings in international forums.
- LLM degree;
- 4 years of experience practicing patent or Intellectual Property Law as a patent agent or European patent attorney, registered to practice;
- Strong preference for advanced scientific degree (Ph.D. or Master’s) in molecular biology, cell biology, (bio) chemistry, immunology, genetics, structural biology or a related field;
- A successful candidate will be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and will possess excellent analytic, legal drafting, and oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in aspects of foreign intellectual property law relating to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences at a law firm or a biotechnology/pharmaceutical corporation;
- Solid interpersonal skills and creativity in applying analytical frameworks and solutions to issues;
- Strong client service focus and ability to work independently and in teams, as well as excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize workflows.
What we offer:
A high paced, professional and international environment, focused on positively disrupting health care technology.
A positive and energetic team allowing you to really make a difference.
Opportunity to grow in this position alongside HUB’s development.
We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume (in English)
Please send it to Arianne Piesaar-Aalbers, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)