Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) was founded by the Hubrecht Institute, the University Medical Center Utrecht, and the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW). HUB`s technology constitutes a paradigm-shifting platform for drug discovery and development, (pre)clinical patient stratification, predictive diagnostics, personalized medicine, clinical trials, regenerative medicine, and companion diagnostics. HUB exploits the pioneering work of Prof. Dr. Hans Clevers, who discovered the HUB Organoid Technology to grow ‘mini-organs’ – organoids – from epithelial tissue derived adult stem cells (ASCs).
The HUB Organoid™ model system is one of a kind as it was proven to be representative for individual human patients. This breakthrough invention allows us to establish a laboratory model of any epithelial disease, from any patient: a Patient in the Lab™. The preclinical application of a model that represent the clinical patient response, will greatly impact the high attrition rate of drug development. Furthermore, it can fundamentally change clinical trials as well as patient treatment since we have a method to predict each patient`s response.
HUB is a fast-growing company leaving behind its start-up phase, entering the scale-up phase. We are expanding our Business Development team and therefore we are looking for a:
HUB is looking for a colleague with a commercial drive to explore opportunities and support the acquisition of new business together with the Business Development team. In this position, you can make a difference in our professional and dynamic scale-up organization where there is room for independence and professional development. You report to the Chief Business Development Officer (CBO).
You support, and on occasion lead, the execution of value-creating transactions across a broad spectrum of deal structures, including out-licensing of HUB technology, collaborations, partnerships and others as dictated by business need. You provide analytical support to the Business Development function in particular with respect to deal analytics and the composition and process of the Business Development pipeline.
You are responsible for activities such as search and evaluation, internal review and due diligence coordination, term sheet preparation and negotiation, contract drafting in collaboration with our attorneys and CBO and occasionally final execution.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The following tasks will be a part of your responsibilities:
- You drive HUB’s business model forward and grow the income of HUB.
- You promote, position and increase company services and licensing opportunities across pharma and biotech companies.
- You serve as the primary point of contact for customers.
- Independently, you draft proposals for licenses and services based on HUB standard templates.
- You manage an orderly administration of the HUB’s commercial pipeline, together with the BD Associate.
- You work with pricing schedules and perform project-specific price calculations.
- You ensure the availability of all project related documentation and you are responsible for keeping the internal relative departments timely informed and aligned.
- You execute further implementation of both existing as well as new contract management and pipeline tracking systems.
- Performing in-depth lead/customer needs’ analysis to uncover new opportunities.
- Identifying together with the inside marketing and sales team, new market opportunities and potential new clients.
- Representing HUB at professional meetings, conferences, seminars and related networking events to identify new market leads.
- Master or PhD degree in Life Sciences, Health Sciences or Biomedical.
- Minimum of 5 years extensive and progressive experience in life sciences, including at least 4 years of experience in BD and/or Sales & Marketing positions in the biopharmaceutical or CRO industry.
- Able to travel up to 10-20% of the time.
- Goal oriented and solution-oriented thinker.
- A flexible attitude.
- Solid excel skills.
- Proficient in English (Dutch is a pre).
Terms of Employment:
The position of Business Developer is a fulltime, 40 hours a week, engagement. We offer a salary that reflects your education, experience and our company policy.
We offer you a one-year contract with the possibility of extension and a permanent contract upon good performance. Furthermore, you receive:
- 8% holiday allowance
- Commuting allowance
- 244 holiday hours
- Fixed Year End Bonus
- Enrolment in a solid pension scheme; 2/3 paid by HUB
HUB team has a strong passion for its ground-breaking technology. An open culture in an innovative and dynamic environment with inspiring colleagues and good working conditions. An environment where you have room to be creative, take initiative and have direct influence on the way we work.
We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume (in English)! Please send it to Arianne Piesaar-Aalbers, HR Manager (email@example.com)