Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) is a biotech company, founded on the pioneering work of Prof. Dr. Hans Clevers who discovered methods to grow stem cell-derived human epithelial “mini-organs” (organoids) from tissues of patients with various diseases including cancer and cystic fibrosis. HUB builds comprehensive Living Biobanks of well-characterized organoids and develops assays for drug screening and validation. The Organoid Technology enables predictive diagnostics and clinical trial patient stratification.
We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant, 24 – 32 hrs per week.
Scope of position:
In this new position you will be working in close collaboration with the VP Finance Manager. You are energized by working in a busy, high tech research environment. You are the go to person for questions of our colleagues regarding administrative policies and like to add structure to ways of working. You enjoy working in a mid sized company and being surrounded by multi cultural colleagues.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coding and booking of all invoices and expense forms into AFAS Profit,
- Reconciling Purchase Orders to invoices and receipts, resolving discrepancies between PO, receipts and invoice,
- Ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained for all invoices in accordance with approval matrix,
- Supporting month-end closing activities including the hour registration in the projects’ administration (AFAS),
- Preparing monthly costs reports of all projects from AFAS,
- Preparing financial reports and/or analysis,
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail of generic Finance mailbox,
- Acting as first point of contact for queries.
VP Finance Manager
Required minimum level:
MBO degree with 4 years relevant work experience or HBO degree.
- Team player, able to work within a team alongside with colleagues with different cultural backgrounds,
- Accuracy in writing documents and data management,
- Strong communication skills and easily accessible to internal colleagues,
- Excellent command of the Dutch and the English language, verbal and written,
- Computer skills and proficiency in MS Office,
- Experience with AFAS Profit (Finance & Projects modules),
- Work experience in accounting,
- Ability to handle multiple requests,
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact well with all levels,
- Excellent communication skills / verbal and written,
- Service oriented attitude.
What we offer:
A professional and international environment. Enrolment in the ABP pension scheme, 2/3 paid by HUB. Flexible work hours facilitating a good work life balance.
We look forward to receiving your cover letter together with your resume, in English. Please send it to HR, email@example.com.
Please note that we do not work with an agency for this vacancy.