Title: Panel discussion: 3D cell cultures, from development to drug discovery
Time: 07:00 [PDT] 10:00 [EDT] 15:00 [BST]
Alternative time zones
Date: Friday 19 June 2020
Duration: 1 hour
BioTechniques is delighted to collate this panel of experts to discuss 3D cell cultures and their applications in drug discovery. In this panel discussion, experts will discuss how they use 3D cell cultures, the challenges that they experience and their tips for best practice and key techniques to employ when utilizing these cultures, alongside the ethical implications of these technologies.
The expert panel will feature Rob Vries (Hubrecht Organoid Technology, Utrecht, Netherlands), David L. Spector (Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA), Marta Shahbazi (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) and Kalpana Barnes (Sartorius, London, UK).
The panelists will discuss:
- Techniques for producing 3D cell cultures
- Challenges in the production of 3D cell cultures
- The application of 3D cell cultures in drug development
- What is next for 3D cell cultures
- Ethical considerations in the use of 3D cell cultures