Scope of position
As a R&D scientist at HUB you will be part of our new ‘Applied Organoid Technology’ Division where you will support contract services and projects commissioned by pharmaceutical and biotech companies, within the Screening Applications team. This position allows you to drive state-of-the-art research leveraging innovative applications of HUB Organoid Technology. You will be working with the top researchers in the field of adult stem cells and 3D culture. In addition, you will interact internally with a multidisciplinary team of experts, involving other scientists, project managers, and business developers as well as with our customers.
Your responsibilities will involve
- Providing scientific input to the team and within projects
- Project leadership of our screening platform
- Assuring that you deliver projects with high scientific quality, and within agreed time and budget
- Supporting the standardization of new assays, in order to contribute to further expansion of both HUB and the current Applied Organoid Technology Division.
Suitable candidates will have a PhD in the field of life sciences with research background in one or more of the following areas:
- Strong background in epithelial and stem cell biology.
- Laboratory-based experience in cell biology, cell culture, assay development and high-throughput applications.
- Outstanding skills in cell analytical methods, which may include imaging, genomic and transcriptomic data analysis, and interpretation is a strong plus.
- Independently design and execute experiments in the lab.
- Experience with leading projects with high quality in the role of project leader.
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills.
- Project management skills including initiation, coordination of projects in the context of research and development as well as service contract applications is a plus. We are seeking an individual with deep intellectual curiosity and creativity, and open to new challenges. Experience with managing projects within time and budget is a plus.
We strongly encourage scientists with at least 1-2 years experience of working in the industry/CRO to apply, this is a strong plus.
What we offer:
- A high paced, professional and international environment.
- A positive and energetic team allowing you to make a difference.
- Opportunity to grow in this position alongside HUB’s development.