Organoids predict clinical responses to treatment. The HUB Organoid Technology allows us to establish patient-derived in vitro models of most healthy and diseas...
Hubrecht Organoid Technology
Hubrecht Organoid Technology or HUB is a non-profit company that was founded around Organoid Technology. This technology is based on the discovery of the LGR5 positive adult epithelial stem cell, first identified in the intestine by the group headed by Prof. Hans Clevers. After this discovery, Prof. Clevers’ lab developed a method to genetically stably expand the stem cells into organoid structures that functionally mimic the patient’s original healthy or diseased epithelium. HUB collaborates with a variety of partners, such as pharma industry, to improve pre-clinical drug development and to provide more effective clinical treatment of patients using organoids as a predictive diagnostic tool.
Latest publications and upcoming events
- Organoids allowing a deep look into the gut’s hormone... May 13, 2020
- SARS-CoV-2 infects cells in a human intestinal organoid... May 01, 2020
- A message from our CEO April 01, 2020
- Organoid Virtual Mini-Symposium by STEMCELL and HUB May 15, 2020
- Applications of Organoid Technology 2020 January 20, 2020
- HUB and AstraZeneca in joint presentation at Minipig Re... May 17, 2019